Monday, April 16, 2012

Chicken Chili Lime Burgers...inspired from Trader Joes.

A good friend, Val told me about Chicken Chili Lime Burgers from Trader Joe's. I have been waiting patiently for our store to open where I live. But I could not wait any longer. So I decided to make my own. Here is the recipe.

                                                 The ingredients.

Chicken Chili Lime Burgers

1 pound lean ground chicken

1 small onion chopped fine
1/2 red bell pepper copped fine
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 cup cilantro chopped fine
1 lime juiced
2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup smashed black beans low sodium.

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Form into 5, 3oz. patties. Fry in a nonstick skillet with a coating of nonstick spray till done.  
Calories are 193 per burger Fat 2 grams 20mg sodium

I had it on a "Healthy Life" bun for 80 Calories, with 2 Tablespoons of homemade guacamole for 48 Calories and 5 Grams fat.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool because I don't have a Trader Joe's anywhere near me and I've always wondered about those burgers every time Val has mentioned them. Hope all is well with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are well. I couldn't wait any longer for our store to open and I wanted to try them. Hope you are doing good!

      Delete