Sunday, March 10, 2013

Twice Baked Zucchini Poppers
I love my veggies and love cheese. So I came up with this recipe that is lower in fat and calories than the traditional twice baked potato. These are so good!

           3 medium zucchini ends trimmed, split in half with the seeds removed.
      I gave them a good sprinkle of coarse black pepper and baked them at 375 for about 20 minutes.


The filling I used was as follows:
1 can of lower sodium chopped artichoke hearts, rinsed.
1 frozen 10oz box of chopped spinach, thawed and pressed out in a colander so the water is removed.
1 cup reduced 1% cottage cheese.
1 diced garlic clove
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Italian seasoning to taste.

 Mix together and press into the hollowed out zucs. Bake at 375 for about another 20 min or until cheeses are slightly brown and bubbly. I grated 1/3 cup of 2% sharp cheddar on top the last five minutes of baking. But Mozzarella would have been better. The flavor and texture is great with the salt, fat and calories!

1 half zuchnni is: 112 calories and 1.3 grams of fat.



No comments:

Post a Comment