Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Baked Panko Onion Rings



I love onions. Raw or cooked I can eat them anyway they can be fixed. My all time favorite way is onion rings. I have always had a love affair with fried foods. Since my change in eating habits that is a big no no. So while on the way home from work today I passed a White Castle. The smell of burgers and onions cooking was so intense. It  put my mind to working on what I could make tonight tonight that would satisfy my craving for those greasy steamed wonders. So I made a turkey burger, but my best idea was the onion rings that I came up with. Here is the recipe.

Baked Panko Onion Rings

1 Large Sweet Onion cut in  1/4 inch slices and broken apart to make rings.
1/4 cup plain flour
Two servings of egg beaters with 3 Tablespoons of skim milk wisk together.
1/2 cup Panko add 1 Tablespoon of Paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.

Place onion rings in container dust with flour, shake excess.
Individually place onions in egg mixture then coat with Panko mixture.
Place onions on baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Making sure that they are in a single layer. Bake on 350 for 20-30 minutes till brown. Makes two servings at 165 calories and 1.5 grams of fat. 


Enjoy and let me know how you like them!

2 comments:

  1. Those look fantastic and undeniably yummy! I will definitely be making these. I've pinned it to my recipe board on Pinterest, which is hugely popular. When someone clicks the picture, it brings them right here to your blog! Pinterest also shares my pins on Twitter and FB, so you're all over the place right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound really good! Thanks Shannon.

    ReplyDelete