Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chinese Meatball Soup





I love Chinese food. But so much of it is full of fat and sodium. Last week I tried a Chinese meatball noodle soup where I work. Needless to say it needed alot of help and it got my mind to working on making it better.

Chinese Meatball Soup

1 lb. ground turkey (I use http://www.jennieo.com/products/4-Lean-Ground-Turkey )
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 egg serving of egg beaters
1 T. low sodium soy sauce
1 T. grated fresh ginger
1 garlic clove crushed
1 t. red pepper flakes
2 green onions chopped
Combine all ingredients together form into 25 small balls. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375 for 40 min. till just browned.

For the soup.
1  14.5 oz. carton of low sodium chicken broth. I use http://www.swansonbroth.com/productpopup.aspx?product=nutrition_natchickbroth&prd_product_id=2448
6 cups Nappa cabbage chopped
1 t. red pepper flakes
1 t. grated ginger
2 green onions chopped and added as garnish 
Combine all ingredients in a medium stock pot.. Bring to a boil then turn down. Add meatballs and simmer for about 15 min. Enjoy!

Nutrition info: Makes 5 servings. 225 Cal., 8.9 g. fat, 60 mg chol., less than a gram of fiber.

2 comments:

  1. Shannon, I am going to make this asap! Sounds absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I'm so glad I found your new blog! :) You and Angela are my inspiration <3

    ReplyDelete